The Port of Cascade Locks Partners for Business SuccessJul 19, 2021 06:00AM ● By Bridge Of The Gods
Ribbon-cutting at the new pFriem facility, left to right, Port General Manager Olga Kaganova with pFriem co-founder and CEO Rudy Kellner, Port Commission President Jess Groves, and Brittany Berge - photo courtesy of Susan Place
The Port offers properties zoned for Heavy Industrial, Light Industrial, and Resort-Commercial development within the scenic Columbia River Gorge. Both start-ups and
established businesses will find a friend in the Port of Cascade Locks. With
staff dedicated to economic development and enterprise achievement, the Port
has resources that create an environment needed to start, grow, or expand a
Port of Cascade Locks business locations offer the advantage easy proximity to the Portland Metro Area and PDX International Airport via Interstate-84, with a friendly small-town feel, world-class scenery, and high quality of life. The Port is eager to facilitate success with their expertise and locations.
The Port Business Park offers
properties zoned for Heavy Industrial, Light Industrial, and Resort-Commercial
development within the scenic Columbia River Gorge. Located less than two miles
east of downtown Cascade Locks, the Port’s Business Park offers shovel-ready
vacant land, ideal for your commercial or industrial development.
The Herman Creek Business Complex offers light industrial space from 2,500 to 10,000 square feet. Located less than two miles east of downtown Cascade Locks, the Port’s Business Park offers shovel-ready vacant land, ideal for your commercial or industrial development.
Key features of partnering with the Port include:
- A willing partner in the Port of Cascade Locks, dedicated to economic development
- Convenient access to Interstate 84
- Interstate Bridge of the Gods between Oregon & Washington
- Just 45 minutes to PDX airport and Portland Metro Area
- Competitive utility rates on water, power, sewer, fiber optic
- Affordable land sale and lease rates
- Available housing and developable lots
- Cascade Locks Elementary school serves K-5
- The stunning scenery of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
- High quality of life access to recreation, activities, and culture
- Friendly small community setting
- Partnerships with Mt. Hood Community College & Columbia Gorge Community College
- 50-mile workforce includes: Cascade Locks, Stevenson, Carson, North Bonnneville, Hood River, Parkdale, White Salmon, Bingen, Mosier, The Dalles, Corbett, Troutdale, Gresham, Portland, Vancouver, Sandy, Washougal, Camas, etc.
Each establishment that has chosen to call a location at the Port of Cascade Locks as their home is a partner in a vibrant community that provides goods and services, jobs, and ties to a sense of place that only the Columbia River Gorge can offer. Current partners include:
- Bear Mountain - Bear Mountain are industry pioneers who source the material for their pressed sawdust products from mills across the United States. Bear Mountain makes Premium Wood Fuel Pellets, Bear Bricks compressed wood fire logs, fire starters for use in wood-burning stoves, fireplaces, campfires, and BBQ Pellets under the name Bear Mountain Premium BBQ Woods.
- pFriem Family Brewers opened their flagship operation site in Hood River, Oregon, in 2012. In 2020, pFriem expanded its Hood River facility and with a second site in Cascade Locks. Their stunning facility provides warehousing, barrel aging and acts as the company’s main logistics hub. pFriem has earned multiple awards for premium craft beers, including The Beer Connoisseur’s Brewery of the Year in 2016, 2018, and 2019.
- American Waterways, Inc. (PortlandSpirit) manages a fleet of five ships and provides cruises in Portland and the Columbia River. It operates the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler, the Locks Waterfront Grill — with waterfront seating overlooking the Columbia River, Marine Park Visitors Center, Gorge Pavilion, and Thunder Island in the Port of Cascade Locks, Oregon. AWI employs approximately 150 people seasonally.
- Renewal Workshop takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed products, upcycled materials or recycling feedstock. Their facility was first located at the Port’s Herman Creek Business Complex and now has a home in a newly-built 40,000 square-foot on the Port’s Industrial Property.
- Son of Man is a cidery that crafts its beverage in the Basque-style tradition of Northern Spain, but with the spirit of the Pacific Northwest. Their product uses native yeasts, Oregon apples, and spontaneous ferment. The cidery’s home lies in the Heart of the Gorge, Cascade Locks, Oregon.
- Let’s Truck is the one-stop shop for all things catering to the trucking industry, offering tools and classes to better navigate your business through the trucking world. Whether it's the best way to support your health on the road, accounting services, or fuel management practice, Let’s Truck’s mission is to provide innovative solutions for the trucking industry's challenges.
- Grain Integrative Health, founded in 2010, offers comprehensive, personalized primary health care with naturopathic doctors, mental health providers, acupuncturists, and massage therapists. They located to Cascade Locks in January 2021.
Grain Integrative Health Comes to Port of Cascade Locks' Herman Creek Business Complex
Port of Cascade Locks Offers Event Venues for Every Occasion
All About the Port of Cascade Locks
Cascade Locks Waterfront - A Business, Recreation, and Community Resource
Cascade Locks Business Park is Open for Business